Sunday, April 3, 2016

Jamberry---the New IT Thing for Women?

How many of you have heard of Jamberry?  I am sure most of you.  I was given the opportunity to try the wraps for the first time in my life!  Now, you have to remember, I am not a "girly girl".  I grew up with an uncle that is only 9 months older than me so I climbed trees and played with cars a lot instead of learning to do my nails and fix my hair.  So, when I first heard of Jamberry a few months ago I just ignored it saying it isn't for me.  Now here I sit with wraps on my nails for the first time ever giving my honest review. And no, I am not a Jamberry consultant.


Let me start by telling you that I was really nervous about using these wraps.  I was afraid I was going to somehow mess them up and end up throwing them in the trash (that only happened when I tried to put them on my toenails and only because I have bad toenails).  I had my normal apprehensions about all the girly stuff that I always do.  I kept saying, "I don't know how to do this.  I am going to mess it up." and so on.  Yes, I am high anxiety.  What can I say?

The wraps are EASY! They are so easy to use that even I can do it!! No formal training is needed.  I promise.  All you have to do is follow the directions on the back of the catalog or on the little plastic envelope they come in.  If that isn't good enough and you are still freaking out a little bit, they have a video on their website and there are a ton of youtube videos for us first timers.  Just gather up your stuff and do it!  You won't regret at least trying it.  Who knows, you might fall in love with Jamberry and decide you have to become a consultant.

This is everything I used to apply the wraps.  I don't have a mini nail dryer so I used my blow dryer. 

The wraps I was sent are really pretty, for being so girly! They are called Rose Quartz Chevron.  Kind of a silver and pink sparkly look in a zig zag pattern....yep, that is how I describe them to everyone. Haha!  Seriously though, they are pretty.

I followed the directions on the back of the catalog.  It was simple.  Clean your nails and push back cuticles...check!  Match nail to wrap.....check (sort of)! Cut wrap in half....check! Peel off wrap and warm the adhesive...check! Press wrap to nail....check! Trim to remove excess and file in a downward motion....check! Apply heat and pressure to wrap again....check!   The directions use a lot more words than I just did, so please read them completely before starting.

Before Wraps
So why did it take me almost 2 hours to complete the job?  Because I wanted to make sure that I did every step on every nail as perfectly as possible. I did, except getting the right size wrap on all of my nails.  I am horrible at looking at something and deciding if it will fit right or not, so my ring fingers have a wrap that is slightly too small and my thumbs have wraps that are slightly too big and had to be cut.  It's ok though because no one will see them except the grandkids, and all my readers.

After Wraps
Now that you know how easy they are to use you probably want to know where to get them. You can contact my new Jamberry Consultant Elaina White through her website or her Facebook page.  I will put the links below.  She is a very nice woman who is there to assist her customers....even the ones of us with so many reservations about all this girly stuff!  Not only will you love the Jamberry products, but you will like her a lot as well.

How long do they last?  According to everything I have read and heard it should be about 2 weeks.  I just put them on today so I will come back and let you know how things progress.  I am not going to baby them either.  I type, wash dishes, take care of kids, play with dogs, do housework, etc.  So, I am not really expecting them to stay on for 2 weeks, but that is the skeptic in me.  I promise to keep you all updated on how they do.

Until then, why not give them a try yourself.  There are so many different designs to choose from.  If you don't find a design you like in the catalog (because they don't have any skulls and the pattern for the ones that remind me of Chucks are blue) then you can visit the Jamberry website and design your own!  How great is that?

When you are ready to remove the wraps all you have to do is soak them in a Nail Wrap & Lacquer Remover. I will probably use Acetone because that is what I have.  Just lift the wrap up along one edge and soak the tips of your fingers for 20-30 seconds and peel them off gently.  Sounds easy, right?  I will let you know how that process goes as well.

Here is the contact information for Ms. Elaina:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/elainawhitejams
Jamberry - https://elainawhite.jamberry.com/

Be sure and tell her that I sent you over!  Have fun and get to wrapping those nails!!

See how the warp doesn't quite fit my ring finger?
That's my fault I should have used a bigger wrap.

Are you a regular Jamberry user?  Do you have any tips or tricks you can give?  What have your experiences with Jamberry been like?  Feel free to leave your comments below.

**Update - Sorry it took me so long to get back here.  Life happened!  So, my Jams stayed on without me taking any extra care of them or being careful with them, for about 1 1/2 weeks.  If I had been more careful of them or did some of the little extra things to help them last longer they would have.  One thing I noticed after I removed them, was my nails started breaking off and had lines in them.  After speaking with others this is common if you do not use a cutical oil on your nails to moisturize them while you have the Jams on.  Next time I will make sure I do that!  It probably didn't help that I just peeled them off and didn't soak them either.  I know, I know....so I blame myself and not the Jams for the damage.

My overall review of Jamberry is 5 stars!  They have a great product that is easy to use and they offer different styles that will fit almost anyones unique personality.  And to make them even better, they will let you design your own!  So yes, I WILL use them again and next time I will take better care of them.  I hope you enjoy the Jams!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Review! Thanks so Much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jamberry. I was a skeptic too at first but once I got mine on I realized how easy it is and wanted more!!!

    ReplyDelete