Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Batch and Freezer Cooking

I must admit that batch and freezer cooking is something that I have talked about trying or a long time now but just have not taken the effort to actually do.  I am going to do it this time though!  I have found some really wonderful recipes on other blog sites that I think will help not only save time, but save money as well.  If you have never tried batch or freezer cooking you should look into it.  If you have, please share your experiences with the rest of us along with your favorite recipe.


I found a plethora of wonderful recipes at Saving you Dinero here.  If you find something you like please let her know that Nana's Paradise sent you over.  She also posted some batch cooking recipes here.  I look forward to making the twice baked potatoes!

You can do a quick google search on batch cooking and get a lot of wonderful ideas such as chopping up peppers and freezing them in an ice try with a little bit of water.  After they freeze you can pop them out and put them in freezer bags.  Who knew?  With more research I should be able to have a small garden this summer and not have to worry about trying to use all of the harvest before it goes bad.  :)  I am starting to get a little excited.

I found a site called Organized Home that has a great guide on how to do once a month cooking.  You can check out the tips, ideas, and instructions here.

If you decide to give this a try please come back and let me know how your experience goes.  I will keep you updated on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment